Key Stage 1 is a crucial time period in a child’s academic development, as they start to learn new techniques and base topics that will be the foundations of their future learning.
Our classes for Key Stage 1 are designed to ensure that students grasp the fundamental topics and to help build their confidence and ability. Some children may be working above the average level for their age group, so we can work to extend their skills and build them towards Key Stage 2.
The new national curriculum for Key Stage 1 is designed to cover a wide base of topics in order to lay a groundwork to build on. Students will see topics such as fractions, times tables, comprehension and grammar. All of our classes are national curriculum based so we can provide as much support as we can with your child’s schoolwork.
For our Key Stage 1 pupils, we provide:
- Weekly lessons in Mathematics and English
- A safe and bright classroom environment
- Plenty of practical, ‘hands on’, activities
- Support for phonics and reading
- Phonics screening test preparation (for Year 1s)
- SATs preparation (for Year 2s)
- Reward system to keep them motivated